Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jeff Abarta

When I first moved to Los Angeles, punk rock photographer Lisa Johnson and Tim Armstrong from Rancid helped me to get a job. That job was at Epitaph Records where I worked everywhere from the marketing department aka "The Green Room" to the mail room and then finally ended up as the temp publicist for a bunch of the bands. This is where I met the fabulous Jeff Abarta -A&R at Epitaph / Anti / Hellcat. He's cool as shit, made me feel right at home and was always fun to talk to.


Here's his swell list

Hey, Cecil:

Good luck with your novel!

This is by no means definitive, but here ya go:

Adolescents - Amoeba
Bad Religion - I Want To Conquer The World
Black Flag - My War
Born Against - Mount The Pavement
Crass - Big Man, Big M.A.N.
Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Misfits - Where Eagles Dare
NOFX - Linoleum
Subhumans - From The Cradle To The Grave
Rudimentary Peni - Blasphemy Squad



Jeff (photo from 1988)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: