Saturday, February 3, 2007

Rachel Cohn

You and I know her as an excellent YA author of such books as Gingerbread, Shrimp and Cupcake and of course as the co-author of one of my fave books of 2006 - Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Her list is a little funky-punky and I adore that!!! I am very glad to call her my funky friend.

Miss Rachel Cohn!

Hi Cecil –

I created an iMix for you. This is the text I used to describe the Beige mix:

I freely admit to totally being a poser when it comes to any true punk cred. I grew up in D.C, so I am all about the funk much more than the punk. I chose these tunes as a sort of primer on some funky tunes and artists I liked back in the day, with some political grooves thrown in there, too. (For some great punk/pop/thrasher - and everything in between - playlists created by teen readers, please check out the playlist creator on NickandNorah.com)


Here’s the list:

No comments: