Monday, March 9, 2009

Chris Pramas



Chris Pramas and I are old friends. We didn't start out that way, we started out as acquaintances. You know, someone you just see around campus and nod to. We met when I was 17 and we lived in the same residence hall at NYU. We moved from nodding to saying hello and small talking after I ran into him at an Adolescents show. In retrospect, I should have hung out with him more at Hayden Hall because he and his friends were always playing D&D all night and that would have been super fun. But I wasn't that cool.

When I left NYU I figured I'd never see him again, but I did, randomly on a trip to Europe and then again when I was in my band Nerdy Girl and I played at ABC NO RIO. After that, we just kept popping up in each others lives and so I feel that we moved into life long friend mode. I can safely say that he is one of the most punk people that I know. Now he runs Green Ronin Publishing. I have Torches and Pitchforks, and the Blue Rose manual, so I'm ready to play at my house any time. But one day I am totally going to go over to his house for a feast and a fine evening of games night!

Behold, Chris Pramas' punk list!



Man, doing it in 10 songs is tough, but here goes.




Iggy and the Stooges, "Search and Destroy"
The Ramones, "Teenage Lobotomy"
The Clash, "1977"
The Avengers, "American in Me"
Crass, "Banned from the Roxy"
Bad Brains, "Big Takeover"
The Dicks, "Hate the Police"
Husker Du, "Turn on the News"
Mission of Burma, "That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate"
The Wipers, "Youth of America"

Well, that goes to about 1982 anyway. :)

No comments: